Updated September 2017
1. Personal Data
Born December 20th, 1963.
· Dipartimento di Economia, Università Ca' Foscari di Venezia, Cannaregio 873 - I-30121 Venezia, Italy. Tel. +39-041-2349147 Fax 2349176.
· Università Ca'Foscari, Sede di Treviso – S.Paolo. Riviera Margherita 78, 31100, Treviso, Italy. Tel. +39-0422-513742 Fax 513715.
Home page: http://venus.unive.it/roson.
2. Personal Research Impact Factors
H-index: 25 (Google Scholar).
RG Score: 29.12 (ResearchGate),
IDEAS/RepEc ranking among Italian economists: 174 out of 2891.
3. Educational and Professional Background
· Laurea in Economia e Commercio (Bachelor in Economics) “cum laude”, University of Venice, 1987. Thesis awarded with the 1988 G.Leonardi Prize of the Italian Section of the Regional Science Association.
· Ente “Luigi Einaudi” Grant, 1989.
· Master of Social Science (MSocSc) in Economics, University of Umeå (Sweden), 1990.
· Philosophy Doctor (Ph.D.) in Economics, University of Umeå (Sweden), 1994.
· European Research Council (ERC) HCM Starting Grant, 1994.
· HCM Visiting Fellow, Free University and Tinbergen Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands, August 1994 - February 1995.
· Visiting Fellow, Dept. of Economics, University of Warwick, U.K., July 1995 and September 1996.
· Visiting Fellow, Massey University, Palmerston North and MOTU, Wellington, New Zealand, August 2008.
· World Bank, Development Economics Prospects Group (DECPG), Washington, U.S.A., February 2010 – April 2010.
· Visiting Fellow, University of Barcelona, IEB, September 2011.
· Special Visiting Professor, Institute of Developing Economies (IDE-JETRO), Chiba, Japan. September 2014 – October 2014.
· Visiting Professor, Universidad Mayor San Simon, Cochabamba, Bolivia, October 2014.
Positions at Ca’Foscari University - Venice
· Cultore (Research Fellow), 1989.
· Docente a contratto (Lecturer), 1990.
· Ricercatore (Assistant Professor), 1991. Ricercatore Confermato, 1995.
· Docente di corso a supplenza (Economia Politica, Politica Economica, Economia dei Trasporti, Economia Internazionale, Economia delle Telecomunicazioni, Economia e Politica Industriale, Competizione ed Antitrust, Economia Industriale Internazionale).
· Professore Associato (Associate Professor) in Economia Applicata (Applied Economics), 2003.
· Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale per Professore Ordinario in Politica Economica ed Economia Applicata (National Scientific Qualification for Full Professorship in Applied Economics and Economic Policy), 2013.
Other Positions and Affiliations
· Senior Research Affiliate, IEFE – Institute for Energy and Environmental Economics, Bocconi University, Milan, 2009.
Additional Teaching Activities
· Doctorate in Economics and Business Sciences, Centre for Postgraduate Education and Research (CEPI-USFX), University San Francisco Xavier, Sucre and Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, May 2005, May 2008.
· EAERE-FEEM-VIU European Summer School in Resource and Environmental Economics: "Computable General Equilibrium Modeling in Environmental and Resource Economics" Venice, June 25th - July 1st, 2006.
· Doctorate in Applied Meteorology, University of Florence. Lecture on "Economic Vulnerability to Climate Change", September 2006.
· Member of Ph.D. Examination Committee : Umeå University (2000), Venice International University (2006), Bologna University (2010), San Simon University Cochabamba (2014).
· Lecture on “Impacts of Climate Change and Adaptation”, Bucharest, October 2007 and November 2008. Training Workshops of the CIR Project (Italy-Romania Cooperative Programme on Environment Research and Training).
· Doctorate on “Climate Change Science and Management”, Ca' Foscari University of Venice and Euro-Mediterrenean Centre for Climate Change Research. Member of the Teaching Staff and Management Board (until December 2008).
· Scientific Methodology Workshop, Master in Project Management, Postgraduate Unit, San Simon University Cochabamba (2014).
· Reading Seminars on Computational Economics, Ph.D. in Economics, Ca'Foscari University, Spring 2016.
· IAERE Summer School, September 2016.
· American Economic Association,
· European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
· Italian Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
· European Association of Research in Industrial Economics,
· Società Italiana degli Economisti,
· Società Italiana di Economia e Politica Industriale
· Regional Studies Association.
4.1 Books and Book Contributions
· “Costi del trasporto e distribuzione multiregionale della produzione in Italia” [Transport Costs and Multiregional Distribution of Production in Italy] (with P.Costa), in P.Costa (ed) Settori e regioni nell'economia italiana verso il 2000 [Industries and Regions in the Italian Economy towards the Year 2000], Franco Angeli, Milano, 1992.
· Transport Networks and the Spatial Economy. A General Equilibrium Analysis. Umeå Economic Studies n.340, University Of Umeå, Sweden, 1994 (Ph.D. dissertation).
· “The Macroeconomic Impact of Traffic Congestion: a CGE Analysis”, P.Nijkamp and J. Van den Bergh (eds), Recent Advances in Spatial Equilibrium Modelling: Methodology and Applications, Springer-Verlag, 1996, also published as Working Paper n.94. , Dip.Scienze Economiche, University of Venice, 1994.
· “A General Equilibrium Analysis of the Italian Transport System” in D.Banister, R.Capello and P.Nijkamp (eds), European Transport and Communications Networks: Policy Evolution and Change, Wiley, 1995.
· “Environmental Externalities, Transport Cost and Interregional Trade in a General Equilibrium Model” (with G.Dall'Agata) in A.Fossati (ed), Economic Modelling under the Applied General Equilibrium Approach: Some Recent Experiences in Simulating Policy Issues, Avebury, 1996.
· “Un sistema di modelli input-output per la costruzione di scenari di interazione trasporti - resto dell'economia” [A System of Input-Output Models to Build Interaction Scenarios between the Transport Sector and the Rest of the Economy] (with P.Costa, D.Rizzi, M.Volpe), and “La domanda di trasporto merci al 2000 e 2015” [The Demand for Freight Transport 2000 - 2015] in Leontief, W., and Costa, P.(eds) Il trasporto merci e l'economia italiana [Freight Transport and the Italian Economy], Marsilio, 1996.
· Environment and Transport in Economic Modelling, co-edited with Kenneth A. Small, Kluwer Academic Press, 1998, including: R.Roson, “Revealed Preferences, Externalities and Optimal Pricing for Urban Transportation”, also published as FEEM working paper n.89/96;R. Roson and K.A. Small, "Modelling Environment and Transport".
· “Network Markets and Network Evolution”, in C.Capineri and P. Rietveld (eds.), Networks in Transport and Communications - A Policy Approach, Ashgate, 1998. Preliminary version published as working paper n.96.13, Dip.Scienze Economiche, University of Venice, 1996.
· “Wage Curves and Capital Mobility in a General Equilibrium Model of Italy” in A.Fossati and J.Hutton (eds), Policy Simulations in the European Union, Routledge, 1998.
· “Accommodation and Preemption in Network Evolution” in D.Fabbri and A.Reggiani (eds.), Network Developments in Economic Spatial Systems: New Perspectives, Ashgate, Aldershot, 1999.
· “Distributional Consequences of Alternative Emissions Trading Schemes” (with F. Bosello), in C.Carraro (ed)Efficiency and Equity of Climate Change Policy, Kluwer Academic Press, 2000.
· “Dinamica ed effetti distributivi delle politiche ambientali” [Distributional effects and dynamics of environmental policies] and "Varianti ed estensioni del modello base" [Extensions and variants of the base model], in F.Bulckaen, A.Pench and M.Stampini (eds), Riforme Fiscali e Politiche Ambientali, Franco Angeli, Milan, 2002.
· “Le condizioni economiche del riequilibrio modale: un confronto tra costi percepiti e costi esterni ambientali” [Economic conditions for modal balancing: comparing perceived and environmental external costs] (with M.Meggiato), in G.Borruso and G.Polidori (eds), I presupposti economici del riequilibrio modale nel trasporto delle merci in Italia, Franco Angeli, Milan, 2003.
· “Peering and Investments in Interfaced Networks”, in Jourquin, B., Rietveld, P., Westin, K. (eds.) Towards Better Performing European Transportation Systems, Routledge, 2006.
· “Il problema della congruitá dell’intervento pubblico nei servizi di trasporto: elementi per una analisi critica” [The problem of consistency of public intervention in transport services], in Venezia, E. (ed.), Economia di Mercato e Trasporti, Franco Angeli, Milan, 2004.
· “Platform Competition with Endogenous Multihoming”, in Dewenter, R., Haucap, J. (eds), Access Pricing: Theory, Practice, Empirical Evidence, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2007.
· “Gli impatti macroeconomici del cambiamento climatico in Italia. Un’analisi di equilibrio generale” [Macroeconomic impacts of climate change in Italy. A general equilibrium analysis] (with F.Eboli and R.Parrado), in Carraro C. (ed), Impatti dei cambiamenti climatici e strategie di adattamento in Italia. Una valutazione economica, Il Mulino, Bologna, 2008.
· “Carbon Dioxide Mitigation – Alternative Perspective”, in: B.Lomborg (ed.), Smart Solutions to Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
· “Climate change impacts on water and security: orientations of the research foreseen over 2010-2013” (with G.Kallis, R.Ludwig, C.Zografos), in: P. Quevauviller, U. Borchers, K C.Thompson, T. Simonart (eds.) Water Framework Directive - Action Programmes and Adaptation to Climate Change, RSC Publishing, 2010.
· “Last-mile Problem” and “Taxation”, items in Button, K., Vega, H., Nijkamp, P. (eds.) Dictionary of Transport Analysis, Edward Elgar, 2010.
· “The transition to the Green Economy in the Mediterranean region: water demand management strategies and market efficiency” (with M.Antonelli), in: R. Adakanian, D. Jaeger (eds) Water and the Green Economy - Capacity Development Aspects, UNW-DPC, Bonn, 2012.
· “Analisi del commercio di acqua virtuale in Italia e nell'area del Mediterraneo” [Virtual water trade analysis in Italy and the Mediterranean] (with M.Sartori) in: Antonelli, M. and Greco, F. (eds.) L'acqua che mangiamo, Edizioni Ambiente, 2013.
· “CGE Models of the Economic Impacts of Climate Change with a Case Study of the Caribbean” in: A. Dinar (ed.) The WSPC Reference on Natural Resources and Environmental Policy in an Era of Global Change, Volume 3, T. Byant (ed.) Global Economic Models – CGE, World Scientific Publishing, 2016.
· “Review of CGE Models of Water Issues” (with A.Calzadilla, K.Rehdanz, M.Sartori, R.Tol) in: A. Dinar (ed.) The WSPC Reference on Natural Resources and Environmental Policy in an Era of Global Change, Volume 3, T. Byant (ed.) Global Economic Models – CGE, World Scientific Publishing, 2016.
· “Virtual Water Trade in the Mediterranean: Today and Tomorrow” (with M.Sartori), in: M. Antonelli and F. Greco (eds.) The Water We Eat, Springer, 2015.
· “Simulating the Macroeconomic Impact of Future Water Scarcity”, Chapter IV in: R. Damania and S. Dahan (eds.) The Forgotten Factor in Climate Change – Water, The World Bank, Washington D.C., 2015.
cost of supplying water for agriculture: the food supply cost
26 in: Theib Oweis (ed.), Water
management for sustainable agriculture, Burleigh Dodds
Science Publishing, forthcoming.
Preliminary version: Dept. of Economics Working Paper 4/2017,
Ca'Foscari University, Venice.
“Beyond Water Stress: Structural Adjustment and
Consequences of the Emerging Water Scarcity”,
Chapter 4 in: Wittwer, G. (ed.),
Economy-wide Modeling of Water at Regional and
Springer, forthcoming (2018).Preliminary version: Dept. of
Economics Working Paper 7/2017, Ca'Foscari University, Venice.
· "Demand-Driven Structural Change in General Equilibrium Models" (with D. van der Mensbrugghe), in Scandizzo, L. (ed.), Social Accounting Matrices and Computable General Equilibrium Models: The State of the Art and Prospects for the Future, Springer, forthcoming (2018).Preliminary version: Dept. of Economics Working Paper 11/2017, Ca'Foscari University, Venice.
4.2 Journal Articles and Working Papers
· “Transportation Margins, Transportation Industry and the Multiregional Economy, Some Experiments with a Model for Italy” (with P.Costa), Ricerche Economiche, 2, 1988, pp.237-287.
· “The Adjustment of Interregional Input-Output Coefficients under Heterogeneous Price Sensitivity: a Linearized Model”, The Annals of Regional Science, 25, 1991, pp.101-114. A preliminary version of this article was published as CERUM and Umeå Dept. of Economics working paper.
· “Computable Spatial Economic Equilibria and Freight Network Models”, International Journal of Transport Economics, vol.XX, pp.51-66, 1993.
· “Economies of Scale and Fare Determination for Transport Services”, International Journal of Transport Economics, vol.XXII, pp.347-353, 1995.
· “Politiche fiscali ed esternalità nei trasporti: il caso italiano” [Fiscal Policies and Externalities in the Transport Sector: the Case of Italy], Quaderni di Economia e Finanza , n.3/95, pp.91-106, 1995.
· “I cambiamenti strutturali dell'economia italiana nei primi anni '90: una analisi di equilibrio generale applicato” [Stuctural Changes in the Italian Economy in the Early '90s: an Applied General Equilibrium Analysis], Quaderni di Economia e Finanza , n.1/97, pp.149-168, 1997.
· “Network Markets and the Structure of Networks” (with J. Van den Bergh), The Annals of Regional Science, 23, 2000, pp.197-211. Preliminary versions: TRACE discussion papers n. 95-49, Tinbergen Institute, Amsterdam-Rotterdam, 1995; Working Paper n.95.16, Dip.Scienze Economiche, University of Venice, 1996.
· “Medium Size Ports and Inland Transport Nodes’ Development in a Context of Regional Change. The Case of Veneto Region” (with G. Zanetto, S. Soriani, G. Dall’Agata), Rivista Geografica Italiana, vol.106, pp..311-334, 1999.
· “Social Cost Pricing when Public Transport is an Option Value”, Innovation - The European Journal of Social Sciences, vol.13, n.1, pp.81-94, 2000. Also published as FEEM working paper n.67.98.
· “Intermodality and the Changing Role of Nodes in Transport Networks” (with S. Soriani), Transportation Planning and Technology, vol.23, pp.183-197, 2000. Also published as FEEM working paper n.105.2000.
· “Assessing the Option Value of a Publicly Provided Service: the Case of Local Transportation”, Urban Studies, vol. 38, n.8, pp.1319-1328, 2001.
· “Carbon Emissions Trading and Equity in International Agreements”, (with F. Bosello), Environmental Modeling and Assessment, vol.7, pp.29-37, 2002. Also published as FEEM working paper n.57.99, 1999.
· “Direction dependent prices in public transport: A good idea? The back haul pricing problem for a monopolistic public transport firm”, (with P. Rietveld), Transportation, vol.29, pp.397-417, 2002. Preliminary version published as FEEM working paper n.4.2000, 2000.
· Conflicting Perspectives in Trade and Environmental Negotiations (with B.Buchner), FEEM working paper n.68.02, 2002.
· “Two Papers on Internet Connectivity and Quality”, Review of Network Economics, vol.1, n.1, pp. 74-79, 2002.
· “I servizi di roaming nazionale nello sviluppo della telefonia mobile” (National Roaming Services in the Mobile Telephony Development), L’Industria, vol.23, n.2, pp.275-289, 2002.
· “Interconnessione e competizione nella rete Internet” (Interconnection and Competition in the Internet, with C.Cambini), Economia e Politica Industriale, vol.29, n.114, pp.109-126, 2002.
· Book review: “The Spatial Economy – Cities, Regions, and International Trade” by M. Fujita, P.Krugman, A.J.Venables, MIT Press, 1999 - 2001, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, vol.27, n.1, 2003.
· “Climate Change Policies and Tax Recycling Schemes: Simulations with a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model of the Italian Economy”, Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, vol. 15, n.1, pp.26-44, 2003.
· “Incentives for the Expansion of Network Capacity in a "Peering" Free Access Settlement”, Netnomics , vol.5, pp.149-159, 2003.
· “An Integrated Assessment Model of Economy-Energy-Climate - the WIAGEM Model: a Comment” (with R.S.J.Tol), The Integrated Assessment Journal, vol. 6(1), pp. 75-82, 2006.
· “Two-Sided Markets: a Tentative Survey”, Review of Network Economics, vol.4(2), pp. 142-160, 2005.
· “A General Equilibrium Analysis of Climate Change Impacts on Tourism” (with M.Berrittella, A.Bigano,R.S.J. Tol), Tourism Management, vol.25(5), pp. 913-924, 2006. Preliminary version published as FEEM working paper n.127.2004.
· “Auctions in a Two-Sided Network: the Market for Meal Voucher Services”, Networks and Spatial Economics, vol.5, pp. 339-350, 2005.
· “Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets: The Case of Payment Networks” (with S.Chakravorti), Review of Network Economics, vol.5(1), pp.118-140, 2005. Preliminary version published as Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Working Paper 2004-09, July 2004.
· “Economy-Wide Estimates of the Implications of Climate Change: Human Health” (with F.Bosello, R.S.J.Tol), Ecological Economics, vol.58(3), pp.579-591, 2006. Preliminary version published as FEEM working paper.
· “Introducing Imperfect Competition in CGE Models: Technical Aspects and Implications”, Computational Economics, vol.28, pp.29-49, 2006. Preliminary version published as FEEM working paper n.2.2006 and Ca'Foscari/DSE working paper.
· Climate Change, Energy Demand and Market Power in a General Equilibrium Model of the World Economy (with F.Bosello and E.De Cian), FEEM working paper n. 71.07, 2007.
· “Economy-Wide Estimates of the Implications of Climate Change: Sea-Level Rise” (with F.Bosello, R.S.J.Tol), Environmental and Resource Economics, vol.37, pp.549-571, 2007. Preliminary version published as FEEM working paper n.96.2004.
· “Equilibrium Size in Network with Indirect Network Externalities: a Comment”, Rivista Italiana degli Economisti, vol.11(2), pp.269-273, 2006. Also published as FEEM and Ca'Foscari-DSE working paper.
· Estimating a Climate Change Damage Function through General Equilibrium Modeling (with F.Bosello), Ca'Foscari-DSE working paper N.08-07, 2007.
· “Climate Change and Extreme Events: an Assessment of Economic Implications” (with A.Calzadilla and F.Pauli), International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics, vol. 7(1), pp. 5-28, 2007. Preliminary version published as FEEM and Ca'Foscari-DSE working paper.
· “The Economic Impact of Restricted Water Supply: a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis” (with M.Berrittella, A.Y.Hoekstra, K.Rehdanz, R.S.J.Tol), Water Research, vol. 41, pp.1799-1813, 2007.
· “Economy-wide Impacts of Climate Change: a Joint Analysis for Sea Level Rise and Tourism” (with A.Bigano, F.Bosello, R.S.J.Tol), Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Climate Change, vol. 13(8), pp.765-791, 2008.
· “Context Matters? An Experimental Analysis of Willingness to Pay for (Environmental) Public Goods” (with M.Sartori), Empirical Economics Letters, vol. 7(3), pp. 289-292, 2008.
· “The Economic Impact of Water Taxes: a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis with an International Data Set” (with M.Berrittella, K.Rehdanz, R.S.J.Tol), Water Policy, vol.10(3), pp. 259-271, 2008.
· “Economy-Wide Estimates of the Implications of Climate Change: Human Health – a Rejoinder” (with F.Bosello, R.S.J.Tol), Ecological Economics, vol.60(1), pp.14-15, 2008.
· “Price Discrimination and Audience Composition in Advertising-Based Broadcasting”, Journal of Media Economics, vol. 21(4), pp. 234-257, 2008.
· “Climate Change Feedback on Economic Growth: Explorations with a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model” (with F.Eboli and R.Parrado), Environment and Development Economics, vol.15, pp.515-533, 2010.
· Water Scarcity and Virtual Water Trade in the Mediterranean (with M.Sartori), University Ca' Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Economics Research Paper Series No. 08/10, 2010.
· “Towards an Inter-disciplinary research agenda on climate Change, Water and Security in Southern Europe and Neighboring Countries” (with G.Kallis, R.Ludwig, C.Zografos), Environmental Science and Policy, vol.14(7), pp.794-803, 2011.
· “Cambiamento Climatico e Scarsità Idrica nel Mediterraneo: una Analisi del Commercio Virtuale di Acqua” (Climate Change and Water Scarcity in the Mediterranean: an Analysis of Virtual Water Trade, with M.Sartori), QA – Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, vol.22(3), pp.57-74, 2011.
· “Climate Change and Agriculture in Computable General Equilibrium Models: Alternative Modeling Strategies and Data Needs” (with R.Palatnik), Climatic Change, vol.112(4), pp.1085-1100, 2012. Published on-line December 2011 DOI 10.1007/s10584-011-0356-6.
· “Climate Change and Economic Growth: Impacts and Interactions” (with D. van der Mensbrugghe), International Journal of Sustainable Economy, vol.4(3), pp. 270-285, 2012. Preliminary version published as DSE Working Paper n.07/10, Ca' Foscari University of Venice, 2010.
· “Economic Impacts of Climate Change in Italy and the Mediterranean: Updating the Evidence” (with M.Galeotti), Journal of Sustainable Development, vol.5(5), pp.27-41, 2012. doi:10.5539/jsd.v5n5p27
· “Seasonal temperature variations and energy demand : a panel cointegration analysis for climate change impact assessment” (with E.De Cian, E.Lanzi), Climatic Change, Vol.116(3-4), pp. 805-825, 2013. doi: 10.1007/s10584-012-0514-5.
· “Economic impacts of climate change in Europe: sea-level rise” (with F. Bosello, R.J. Nicholls, J. Richards, R.S. J. Tol), Climatic Change, vol.112(1), pp.63-81, 2012.
· “Systemic Input-Output Computation of Green and Blue Virtual Water 'Flows' - With an illustration for the Mediterranean region” (with M.Antonelli, M.Sartori), Water Resources Management, vol. 26(14), pp. 4133-4146, 2012, doi: 10.1007/s11269-012-0135-9.
· “Integration of research advances in modelling and monitoring in support of WFD river basin management planning in the context of climate change” (with P. Quevauviller et al.), Science of the Total Environment, vol. 440, pp. 167-177, 2012.doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2012.07.055.
· “Water’s Green Economy: alternative pathways for water resource development in agriculture” (with M.Antonelli, M.Gilmont), L’Europe en formation, n.365, pp. 23-48, 2012.
· “Climate Change, Tourism and Water Resources in the Mediterranean: a General Equilibrium Analysis” (with M.Sartori), International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management, vol. 6(2), pp. 212-228, 2014. Preliminary version: IEFE Working Paper n. 51 – June 2012, and DE Working Paper n.5/12, Dipartimento di Economia, Ca'Foscari University, Venice.
· “Uncertainty in the Economics of Climate Change: Can Global Sensitivity Analysis be of Help?” (with B.Anderson, E.Borgonovo, M.Galeotti), Risk Analysis, vol.34(2), pp. 271–293, 2014. Preliminary version: UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics n.46, 2012. DOI: 10.1111/risa.12117. Best Paper 2014 Award by the Society for Risk Analysis.
· “A Modeling Framework to Assess the Economic Impact of Climate Change in the Caribbean”, CEPAL Review, vol.111, pp.23-36, 2013.
· Introducing Melitz-Style Firm Heterogeneity in CGE Models: Technical Aspects and Implications (with. K.Oyamada), IEFE Working Paper n. 63 – March 2014.
· “Interdisciplinary Assessment of Sea-Level Rise and Climate Change Impacts on the Lower Nile River, Egypt” (with J.Sušnik, L.S.Vamvakeridou-Lyroudia, N.Baumert, J.Kloos, F.Renaud, I.La Jeunesse, B.Mabrouk, D.A.Savić, Z.Kapelan, R.Ludwig, G.Fischer, C.Zografos), Science of the Total Environment, vol. 503-504, pp. 279-288, 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.06.111
· “System-wide Implications of Changing Water Availability and Agricultural Productivity in the Mediterranean Economies” (with M.Sartori), Water Economics and Policy, vol. 1(1), pp. 1450001.1-30, 2015. DOI: 10.1142/S2382624X14500015
· Modeling Firm Heterogeneity in International Trade: Do Structural Effects Matter? (with. K.Oyamada), IEFE Working Paper n. 70 – August 2014.
· “Bargaining Power and Value Sharing in Distribution Networks: a Cooperative Game Theory Approach” (with F.Hubert), Networks and Spatial Economics, vol. 15(1), pp. 71-87, 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s11067-014-9270-6. Preliminary version: IEFE Working Paper n. 61 – January 2014.
· Why Can Sectoral Shocks Lead to Sizable Aggregate Fluctuations? Assessing Alternative Theories by Means of Stochastic Simulation with a General Equilibrium Model (with M.Sartori), Working Paper Dip. di Economia, Università Ca'Foscari n.16/14, 2014.
· “A Decomposition and Comparison Analysis of International Water Footprint Time Series” (with M.Sartori), Sustainability, vol. 7(5), pp. 5304-5320, 2015. Preliminary version: IEFE Working Paper n. 77 – January 2015.
· “Competition between Multiproduct Firms with Heterogeneous Costs”, Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, vol. 2(7), pp. 79-88, 2015. Preliminary version: DE Working Paper n.13/12, Dipartimento di Economia, Ca'Foscari University, Venice.
· “Climate Change, Water and Security in the Mediterranean: Introduction to the Special Issue” (with R.Ludwig), Science of the Total Environment, vol.543, pp. 847-850, 2016.
· “Input-output linkages and the propagation of domestic productivity shocks: Assessing alternative theories with stochastic simulation” (with M.Sartori), Economic Systems Research, vol.28(1), pp. 38-54, 2016. DOI: 10.1080/09535314.2015.1132194
· “Estimation of climate change damage functions for 140 regions in the GTAP9 database” (with M.Sartori), Journal of Global Economic Analysis, vol.1(2), pp.78-115, 2016. Preliminary versions: World Bank Policy Research Working Papers, WPS7728, IEFE Working Paper n.86/2016, Ca’Foscari DEC Working Paper n.06/2016.
· “Implementing a Computable General Equilibrium Model with Heterogeneous Firms and Endogenous Productivity” (with. K.Oyamada), International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics, Vol. 6(4), pp. 432–451, 2016.
· “Simulating the Macroeconomic Impact of Future Water Scarcity: an Assessment of Alternative Scenarios” (with R.Damania), Journal of Policy Modelling, forthcoming. Preliminary versions: IEFE Working Paper n.84/2016. Ca’Foscari DEC Working Paper n.07/2016.
· PAMS.py: a GAMS-like Modeling System based on Python and SAGE, Ca’Foscari DEC Working Paper n.23/2016.
· Simulating the Macroeconomic Impact of Future Water Scarcity, Water Global Practice Discussion Papers W16006, The World Bank, Washington D.C., 2017.
· Understanding the Global Dynamics of Sectoral Labor Productivity, Dept. of Economics Working Paper 15/2017, Ca'Foscari University, Venice.
4.3 Unpublished (new) Papers
· Estimating Long Run Structural Change in General Equilibrium Models.
5. Applied Research Projects
· “Freight Transport in the Italian Economy”, P.G.T. 1987, Italian Ministry of Transportation.
· “A Forecast of Economic Activities in the Po Valley”, Lombardia Risorse and Sistemi Operativi, 1992.
· “Freight Traffic Demand between Calabria and Sicily”, Sotecni and Sistemi Operativi, 1992.
· Progetto Finalizzato “Trasporti 2”, Italian National Research Council (CNR), 1992-1994, 1996-1998.
· “TRENEN, Models for the study of TRansport, ENergy, and ENvironment policies”, JOULE II project, E.C., 1994.
· “The Market for Waterway Transport and the Environment in Italy”, Unione Navigazione Interna, 1994.
· “TRENEN II STRAN - Strategic Assessment of Transport Policies”, IV Framework Programme (Transportation), E.C., 1996.
· “High Speed Trains and the Competitiveness of the Italian Economy”, TAV s.p.a., 1996.
· “Quality Control and System Efficiency in Urban Transportation”, Autoritá per i Servizi Pubblici Locali del Comune di Roma, 1997.
· “Climate Change Policy and Modelling”, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, 1998.
· “Infrastructure for a Sustainable Development” Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, 1998.
· “Fiscal Reforms and New Social Policy” M.U.R.S.T., 1999.
· “CRITINC, Critical Assessment of Sustainable Natural Capital”, European Commission and Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, 1999.
· “Economic Conditions for Modal Shifting in Italy”, M.U.R.S.T., 2001.
· “GPCC – Global Policy for Climate Change”, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, 2002.
· “Ecological and Environmental Research Programme”, The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, 2003.
· “General Equilibrium Analysis of Agricultural Policy Reforms”, University of Genoa and M.U.R.S.T., 2003.
· “ENSEMBLES Integrated Project”, European Commission and Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, 2004. Member of the Management Board.
· “PESETA - Projection of economic impacts of climate change in sectors of Europe based on bottom-up analyses”, JRC – Seville, 2006.
· “CIRCE Integrated Project”, European Commission and Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, 2007. Member of the Management Board.
· “CIR - Italy-Romania Cooperative Program on Environment Research and Training”, European Commission and Euro-Mediterranean Centre for Climate Change Research, 2007.
· “EACC - Economics of Adaptation to Climate Change Study”, The World Bank, 2009.
· “ENCLIMOD – Environment and Climate Modeling”, IEFE – Bocconi University, 2009.
· “WASSERMed - Water Availability and Security in Southern EuRope and the Mediterranean”, Collaborative Project, European Commission and Euro-Mediterrenean Centre for Climate Change Research, 2010. Principal Investigator and Scientific Coordinator.
· “Development of a Modeling Framework in support of an Assessment of the Economic and Social Impacts of Climate Change in the Caribbean”, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (UN-ECLAC), 2012.
· “Regional Initiative on Water Scarcity in the NENA Region”, United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), 2013.
· “EGEREP - The effect of geopolitical events on renewable energy policy: a comparative perspective”, Vigevani Research Project Prize, Ca'Foscari University and Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013.
· “Sustainable Poverty Reduction and Shared Prosperity under a Changing Climate”, The World Bank, Development Economics Prospect Group, 2015.
· “A CGE Modeling Exercise for Water and Climate Change”, The World Bank, 2015.
· “SIM4NEXUS - Sustainable Integrated Management FOR the NEXUS of water-land-food-energy-climate for a resource-efficient Europe”, Horizon 2020 project, European Commission and IEFE, Bocconi University Milan, 2016.
6. Organization of Meetings, Conferences, Workshops
· “Transportation and General Equilibrium Models”, Venice, May 1993, sponsored by the Italian National Research Council (CNR).
· “Environment and Transport in Economic Modelling”, Venice, November 1995, sponsored by the Italian National Research Council (CNR) and by Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
· Meeting of NECTAR Cluster 2, Mogliano Veneto, October 1998.
· ENSEMBLES Workshop on “The Economic Drivers of Climate Change”, Venice, December 2008.
· “General Equilibrium Modelling of Climate and Energy Impacts and Policies: Recent Developments”, IEFE – Bocconi University, Milan, April 2011.
· WASSERMed Final Conference, Bocconi University, Milan, February 2013.
· IAERE School, Milan, September 2016.
· Member of the Scientific Program Committee, 16th and 20th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis (Shanghai 2013, West Lafayette (IN, USA) 2017).
7. Refereeing and Editing
Anonymous refereeing, and editing, for:
· Aequilibrae (Editorial Board)
· African Journal of Agricultural Research
· Agricultural Water Management
· American Economic Review
· Asia-Pacific Development Journal
· Asian Research Journal of Mathematics
· Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
· Australasian Journal of Regional Studies
· Challenges in Sustainability
· Climate Change Economics
· Climate Policy
· Climatic Change
· Contemporary Economic Policy
· Ecological Economics
· Economia e Politica Industriale
· Economic Modeling
· Economic Systems Research
· Economic Theory
· Economics Bulletin
· Empirical Economics
· Energy Economics
· Energy Policy
· Environmental and Resource Economics
· Environment and Development Economics
· Environment, Development and Sustainability
· Environmental Impact Assessment Review
· European Environment
· European Journal of Operational Research
· Global NEST Journal
· International Economics and Economic Policy
· International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management
· International Journal of Global Energy Issues
· International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making
· International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
· International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics
· International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
· International Review of Law and Economics
· International Journal of Production Economics
· Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
· Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control
· Journal of Environmental Management
· Journal of Regional Science
· Journal of Transport Economics and Policy
· Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change
· Natural Hazards
· Natural Resources Forum
· Networks and Spatial Economics (Editorial Board)
· RAND Journal of Economics
· Regional Environmental Change
· Research in Economics - Ricerche Economiche
· Resource and Energy Economics
· Review of Economic Studies
· Review of Industrial Organization
· Review of Network Economics
· Rivista Italiana degli Economisti
· Science of the Total Environment (Guest Editor)
· Sustainability (Guest Editor)
· The Annals of Regional Science
· The Energy Journal
· Telecommunications Policy
· Tourism Management
· Urban Studies
· Water Alternatives
· Water Economics and Policy
· Water Policy
· Water Resources Management
· Weather, Climate, and Society
· World Development
several edited books (and conference proceedings)
Project and report evaluator for:
Australian Research Council
and Energy Fund
· AXA Research Fund
· COST Association
· Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), U.K.
· EPA Irish Environmental Protection Agency
· European Commission (5th 6th and 7th Framework Programs, Horizon 2020)
FWO Research Foundation Flanders
· Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR)
· Leverhulme Trust
· NWO The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research
· Regione Calabria
· Research Promotion Foundation, Republic of Cyprus
· Swiss National Science Foundation
· Wellcome Trust